Wild Weed Wisdom is my way of sharing what I love to do, which is to be in nature – to taste it, breathe it, gaze at it and feel it – feel it deeply – and listen to what it tells me.
I have a lot of knowledge and not enough time (time I’d rather be outdoors, or making my herbal tinctures, or doing workshops, or simply being with my family). So this blog is a way of enhancing your learning – and mine – in bite-sized pieces that I can manage easily. If you want to know more, the best way is to join a Wild Weed Walk with me or another wildcrafter/herbalist in your area. Or take a workshop. Or apprentice with me or someone else… whatever way works for you. This blog will be a support for learning how to use wild-growing plants for food and homemade remedies.
This blog will also specifically help with identifying and appreciating herbs; “Follow That Weed” shows photos and comments on wild edible and medicinal plants throughout the seasons; “Look-Alikes” show identification differences and tips on correctly spotting harder-to-identify plants.
“Follow” this blog for updates on the plants, and my musings about them, throughout the year.
If you want to know more about me, Jennie Akse, please click here.
- Wild in the City – Day 3 Details (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Embrace Your Weeds! (Useful Weeds in the Garden Workshop) (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Follow That Weed! (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Wildcrafting (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)
- City Walk – The Wild Weeds Around Us (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)
- Wild in the City – Day One, Part II (wildweedwisdom.wordpress.com)